As a charity seeking donations from the public we, Youth Suicide Prevention Ireland, aim to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness. We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Youth Suicide Prevention Ireland, and we promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors, will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
If you have any feedback about our Donor Charter, positive or negative, please contact us so we can assist you as quickly as possible.You can complete our online Feedback form HERE
How to contact Youth Suicide Prevention Ireland
If you prefer, you can write directly to our Chief Executive: